- Do you think your child might have an Eating Disorder?
- Do you want to learn about eating disorders and how you can help your child?
Purpose of the research: To understand if the online educational tool (www.canped.ca) is helpful to parents/caregivers of a child who may have an eating disorder.
Who can participate: Parents or caregivers of a youth (9-18 years old) who may have an eating disorder.
Topics covered include:
- What is an eating disorder?
- Medical risks of eating disorders
- Understanding eating disorders
- Essential components of treating pediatric eating disorders
- Supporting a child with an eating disorder: Practical advice from professionals
- B.C. meal support video
- Recommended resources
•This research project has been approved by the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Ethics Board.